Eyebrow Lift and the Brow Lift
What is an eye brow lift and how can you benefit? It will give you a brighter, fresher look. Are you able to lift the skin above your eyebrow into a more desirable position, and does that eliminate the majority of the excess skin in your upper eyelid? A brow lift can soften facial lines, raise the eyebrows and with normal ageing, results can last a long time.
You might choose to have a brow lift if you have a low, sagging brow or brow asymmetry. A brow lift can be done alone or with other facial procedures, such as blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) or a face lift. A brow lift can also be a booster to your self-confidence.
Brow Lift Surgery – How Can You Benefit?
It will give you a brighter, fresher look. Are you able to lift the skin above your eyebrow into a more desirable position, and does that eliminate the majority of the excess skin in your upper eyelid?
We offer the direct brow lift.
Here are two surgical approaches that we can perform. Each approach allows any incisions to be hidden.
- Hairline open brow lift: A hairline brow lift is often used if someone has a high receding hairline. An incision is made between the top of the forehead and the beginning of the hairline. This technique can give a dramatic improvement in horizontal creases.
- Endoscopic brow lift: Using an endoscope incisions are made behind the hairline and the skin is moved backwards on the head. The skin is fixed to its new location.
What a Brow Lift Will Not Do
A brow lift will not treat puffiness or bulging in the upper or lower eyelids. A brow lift will not treat crows-feet. Optionally eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) can be combined with a brow lift to reduce the visible signs of aging. Our surgeons are GMC (General Medical Council) registered.
Why is a Brow Lift Carried Out?
As we age our brows move down. Skin and soft tissue loses elasticity naturally over time and you will notice a shorter distance between eyelashes and brows. A brow lift can raise the eyebrows up and you will see a less tired, sad or angry appearance. You might also want to consider an eyebrow lift if your brows / upper eyelids are sagging.
Reasons to have a brow lift
- To look younger
- To reduce the look of fatigue
- To eliminate problems with vision and eye fatigue
- Improved confidence
A browlift will help to raise and smooth the forehead. The final results can reduce creases, wrinkles and lines.
Our experienced Transpire Consultant Surgeons will discuss every suitable option with you during your consultations.
Brow Lift Risks
This is risk attached to surgery so the following should be considered beforehand.
1. After having a brow lift, scarring might be visible.
2. A brow lift can affect skin sensations so there may be temporary or permanent numbness on the top of the forehead or on the scalp.
3. After surgery you may find that one or both of your eyebrows appear to be higher than they should be. This is called asymmetry. During healing this may correct itself and if asymmetry continues, more surgery can fix the problem.
Surgery – What to Expect?
A brow lift is done in a hospital and during a brow lift, you will be unconscious and you will be under general anaesthetic.
Your treatment plan before and after surgery will be tailor made to specific requirements. Everything and all decisions we make will depend on the surgeon’s directions, your physicality and your personal goals. Recommendations will be based on experience and professionalism. We will help you and we will advise the best possible ways forward – we have years of experience so there’s no need to worry. We provide personal one to one guidance before during and after surgery.
The results of your eyebrow lift procedure will be seen. Our surgeons will provide you with specific recovery instructions detailing how to take strict care of the area while you are healing.
As you recover, you will also have follow up checks and consultations where necessary to make sure everything is going well. As with all types of surgery there will be a recovery period. You will enjoy the many benefits associated with this surgery as well as improved self confidence.
Our experienced Transpire Consultant Surgeons will discuss every suitable option with you during your one on one consultations.
- Transpire Awards in 2020/2021
- Recovery period
- 10-30 days